Who Cares? Overcoming the Barriers to Positive Self-Care
In a world where over 10 billion dollars per year is spent on self-help literature, why is practical self-care so frequently neglected? Despite the best of our intentions, self-care can be difficult to implement and even harder to maintain. Understanding why adopting a self-care practice is often so hard is an important part of the equation. This session is suitable for anyone who has experienced difficulty identifying what self-care strategies best suit them, and how to improve the potential of starting and maintaining a self-care practice that will benefit them for years to come.
Come see Simon Niblock, LMFT-Associate, present on the topic of positive self-care in partnership with The Practice and NAMI Austin. It's one you don't want to miss!
Building 626 on Austin State Hospital Campus
- When you enter the campus from Guadalupe St., go straight and take the first right
- Stay straight on this road, and you will see a sign that says Nifty-Fifty Diner on the left-hand side
- At the 4 way stop sign, turn left (Ave. C.)
- Take an immediate left into the parking lot.
- You can park anywhere in this lot and enter the building (Building 626. This building is known as the Nifty-Fifty Diner and/or as the Canteen.)