Are you currently offering Technology Assisted Counseling Services (TAS) in the form of video conferencing or phone sessions for clients unable to visit your practice?
Are you aware the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists passed a new rule regarding technology assisted counseling services? If you even do one telehealth session per year, the board requires you to receive 15 hours of TAS training by January 1, 2018.
No Need to Stress! The Practice ATX has you covered with plenty of time to spare.
Join The Practice ATX @ Sage Recovery & Wellness Center, November 11, 2017
15 CE Hours in Technology Assisted Services (5 ethics hours) includes:
Ø Introductory Webinar to be held on Thursday, November 2nd at 7:00CST - 1hour
Ø Assigned curricula to be completed in advance- 3hours
Ø One day onsite intensive –9 hours
ØFollow-up consultation webinars conveniently offered on two seperate dates- 2hours
By then end of this workshop, you will have received training on the following:
· Defining TAS
· HIPPA rules and regulations as they apply to TAS
· Ethical considerations when using TAS
· Guiding principles for crisis case management when using TAS
· Identifying clients that may not be good candidates for TAS
· Guiding principles for intake, informed consent, and assessment in TAS
· Guiding principles for telephonic and online supervision
· Advantages and disadvantages of using TAS
We hope you can join us for this informative and fun event. Lunch options will be available on-site during a 90 minute working lunch.