Who Cares? Overcoming the Barriers to Positive Self-Care
In a world where over 10 billion dollars per year is spent on self-help literature, why is practical self-care so frequently neglected? Despite the best of our intentions, self-care can be difficult to implement and even harder to maintain. Understanding why adopting a self-care practice is often so hard is an important part of the equation. This session is suitable for anyone who has experienced difficulty identifying what self-care strategies best suit them, and how to improve the potential of starting and maintaining a self-care practice that will benefit them for years to come.
Come see Simon Niblock, LMFT-Associate, present on the topic of positive self-care in partnership with The Practice and NAMI Austin. It's one you don't want to miss!
Building 626 on Austin State Hospital Campus
- When you enter the campus from Guadalupe St., go straight and take the first right
- Stay straight on this road, and you will see a sign that says Nifty-Fifty Diner on the left-hand side
- At the 4 way stop sign, turn left (Ave. C.)
- Take an immediate left into the parking lot.
- You can park anywhere in this lot and enter the building (Building 626. This building is known as the Nifty-Fifty Diner and/or as the Canteen.)
Are you currently offering Technology Assisted Counseling Services (TAS) in the form of video conferencing or phone sessions for clients unable to visit your practice?
Are you aware the Texas State Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists passed a new rule regarding technology assisted counseling services? If you even do one telehealth session per year, the board requires you to receive 15 hours of TAS training by January 1, 2018.
No Need to Stress! The Practice ATX has you covered with plenty of time to spare.
Join The Practice ATX @ Sage Recovery & Wellness Center, November 11, 2017
15 CE Hours in Technology Assisted Services (5 ethics hours) includes:
Ø Introductory Webinar to be held on Thursday, November 2nd at 7:00CST - 1hour
Ø Assigned curricula to be completed in advance- 3hours
Ø One day onsite intensive –9 hours
ØFollow-up consultation webinars conveniently offered on two seperate dates- 2hours
By then end of this workshop, you will have received training on the following:
· Defining TAS
· HIPPA rules and regulations as they apply to TAS
· Ethical considerations when using TAS
· Guiding principles for crisis case management when using TAS
· Identifying clients that may not be good candidates for TAS
· Guiding principles for intake, informed consent, and assessment in TAS
· Guiding principles for telephonic and online supervision
· Advantages and disadvantages of using TAS
We hope you can join us for this informative and fun event. Lunch options will be available on-site during a 90 minute working lunch.
93 million Americans searched for health related services at least once in the last month.
If you're not online, you're missing out on the future of the health industry marketplace. But where do you start? Do you need to hire a marketing consultant or spend big dollars in online advertising?
The best kept secret in the marketing world is that with advent of social media, blogs and google searches, anyone can be a content marketing genius.
Are you tired of hearing people tell you that you should blog, without knowing the benefits, where to begin or why? This is a two hour CEU designed with you in mind. We won't just talk about blog writing, we'll talk about blog writing for therapists, counselors, social workers and other helping professions.
We'll talk about why it's crucial to use this underused tool to tell your story.
By the end of this two-hour CEU workshop, you'll:
- never worry about coming up with a blog topic ever again.
- confidently tell your story AND market to your target client population.
- learn why you should never spend another dollar in advertising.
- develop a strategy to produce digital content that makes an impact.